Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Looking Good is Half the Battle

Naming conventions. That is what I am working on at work. I have been tasked to manage a project that creates naming conventions for all new opportunities generated in salesforce.com. If it were as easy as naming one of my kids soccer teams I would be done already.

Last Saturday marked the first organized team sport that my little Alice has ever participated in. Oh she does gymnastics and just started dance but as far as being on a team, this is her first foray into this world. Being the second child she has had the pleasure or torture of coming to Ruby's games, practices, backyard drills, since she could remember. You can tell as well because she seemingly understands the gist of soccer before we even had a practice. That puts her about a whole year ahead of any teammates who are the first kid or the only kid. For the ORANGE CRUSH we have four kids with older siblings and you can tell that we are going to dominate.

Our first practice/game was rained out and unfortunately I missed the update on the rainout line so I went anyway. We had four of my team's kids and picked up one who was as the fields but didn't have a coach or team (they must have call the rainout line). It was an exciting session of dribbling, running, kicking, scoring, and just having fun. We reiterated our three rules.

1. No hands
2. No kicking with your toe
3. No crying

We managed the first and third but the second is always a challenge at first. Needless to say, we had a lot of fun until the rain came but I felt like we got a bonus practice. We get to make this one up later so one extra session will just add to our dominance. My wife says I'm full of myself, she's probably right.

Finally, I would be doing a disservice if I didn't show you what Alice was sporting to her first game. Like this blog is titled. Looking good is half the battle...

and it helps to always have Curious George at your side.

No comments: