Thursday, August 26, 2010

choking on a mint

Oh Alice how you have consistently amazed me.  Yesterday was the first day of class for the fall semester in my quest for my MPA.  As I sat in class nibbling up brain food I got a text from my wife.

It started like this.

Me - "What's for dinner?"

Emily - "I just drove to St. Lukes because  choked on a mint and she was acting all weird but now she is drinking and laughing.  I think it was trapped and finally went down.  Scary. Glad we didn't have to go in. mac and cheese and boca burgers."

Me - "Who was choking?"

Emily - "Alice"

Me - "Dear god scary."

Emily - "Pardon the bad texting i was going fast.  That was insanely scary. I almost called 911."

Me - "Is she okay?"

Emily - "Yes now she is sorry."

Me - "Poor kido, no more mints."

Emily - "Ruby said they can have them when they are grownups."

Me - "good call four year old."


Lets break this textalog down for a minute.  It started by me asking what we were having for dinner but quickly accelerated to something much more.  For future notice when you are relaying information about a sick kid and you have more than one, you might want to mention them by name.  An impressive amount of information was put out that first text.  Kid choking, almost to hospital, kid okay now, this is what's for dinner.  In Kansas this conversation would have been illegal since she was driving and texting, or in Malibu it could have been fatal. 

I have to hand it to my wife, being able to wrangle the kids in the car, text me back and have the wherewithal to plan for dinner.  I also must commend Ruby on her analysis of the age requirement necessary for proper mint consumption.

All around nice work ladies.

No comments: