Monday, August 30, 2010

Anniversary

Dear Emily,

Happy Anniversary.  It's been seven years since the day I almost passed out walking down the aisle.  What a magical day it was.  From the monsoon we endured, to pictures at the Nelson, to the bagpipes, all of our friends and the greatest party in the history of my life (and we know that is no small feat) my love for you today continues to grow.

We have a partnership for life.  I am still baffled by the sheer chance that I met someone who would be willing to put up with me for all this time and love me more today than yesterday.  No one has a crystal ball to predict what their life has in store or the challenges that they will face but one thing is for certain, there is no one I would rather face so those challenges with than you.  You are my shield and I try to be the sword although we both know that is not something I have to do very often if ever.  You protect me from myself and from situations that might baffle me.  Your encouragement and devotion are a reservoir  where I can pull strength from.

From you, two of the most amazing little girls were brought to life. They joy and happiness in my soul shines a light on any bad day I may have.  Walking in the front door is my favorite part of my day when I see you and the girls, with nothing but love and smiles to share with me.  Our relationship is simple, we love each other, we work together to make our lives better, and in rare occasions we argue, we don't do it in front of the kids.  It's pretty easy to understand why I love you, you make me a better person.

I love you,


Ben

No comments: