Friday, October 29, 2010

The Season Finale

Pink Elephants are the CHAMPIONS!!!  That is the last thing I told my girls after the final game of the season.  Talk about a sense of accomplishment.  I think I am more excited about the progression of this team than anything I have done at work in a long time.  It is helpful to do a little comparison of other teams versus the Pink Elephants to get a more realistic breakdown of success.  I am using my own scale of awesomeness to determine overall results from a coaching standpoint.

Promptness of Teams
  1. Elephants - On Time 
  2. Opponents - Some on time, most late.
Number of Players In Attendence
  1. Elephants - 7 every game
  2. Opponents - 5 if they are lucky
Number of Girls Crying Per Game
  1. Elephants - 1 first two games
  2. Opponents - At least one crier a game
Number of Parents Who Told Me They Want Me To Coach Their Kid in the Spring
  1. Elephants - All seven
  2. Opponents - I have no idea but it's not seven
Hugs Given to Me
  1. Elephants - Five Hugs
  2. Opponents - Zero Hugs
As you see from my scientifically advanced comparison matrix, this season was a lot of fun for everyone involved.  I tell you what, volunteering brings more joy and soul filling goodness to the volunteer than to the recipients.  When the opportunity to give back presents itself, grab it.  You don't get that many and you can learn a lot about yourself.

Until next time. 

No comments: