Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bike vs Squirrel

This story is about my brother-in-law, Chris Ellmer and his run in with a jihadi squirrel.

Ever wondered what would happen if you hit a squirrel while you're out riding?  Well, Chris Ellmer found out the hard way. It turned bad for Chris but even worse for the squirrel.  Warning: the photos are a tad graphic.

Well, although the pictures may be a bit disturbing to squirrel lovers, I thought the everyone may appreciate a unique kind of bike crash this morning.  I'm not even sure how to describe what happened so I'll let the photos tell the story.  The end result was one dead squirrel, one ejected cyclist (broke this fall with my face) and a slight delay to Cross season.  I mean seriously, a squirrel?
 
Later,
 
Chris Ellmer
 
 
 
 


The comments left on his face book page just further pound home the point of how impossible this seems to be.  According to my sister the squirrel wasn't even in his path.  It literally ran up the wheel to die.  Damn Al Qaeda squirrels. I have to ponder what Chgris may have done in the past to have this karma come wreck his face. Could it be the innocent bloodshed of their cousin Prairie Dogs he has spilled across the ranges? Maybe some distant cousin of one he shot got word Chris was in the area and decided to make the ultimate sacrifice. In the dreys of said squirrel was an picture of Chris with the saying, "revenge is a dish best served cold" above it. Not only could that squirrel read, it read Shakespeare.

1 comment:

Elizchris said...

So crazy; too funny? !!! to be true?