Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Fantastic Power of Beards

On Jan 1st 2011, I cut off my Sampson like locks to start a new.  While, I'm a bit disappointed that I actually did it, it was probably time.  The day following the haircut, we went to a birthday party for a one year old named Hank.  Many of our friends were there and it was a good time.  Most of our friends were a little taken a back by my new do but most of them have known me for quite awhile so it wasn't much of a surprise.  That is not to say that the relatives of the young lad really knew me from Adam. 

Well, it was time and Ruby drove that point home for me.  When everyone was gathered around the table for singing of Happy Birthday, one of the grandparents asked Ruby what my hair used to be like. She told them this, "my Dad used to have really long hair, he kind of looked like a girl." That's my Ruby, calling out my manliness in a room full of people.  If my own daughter is comparing my hair to a woman than it was probably time to get a cut.

In an effort to rebrand myself and restore my pride and dignity, I am growing an amazing beard.  It's pretty rough, all scraggly in length, and patchy; in other words awesome. It's like having machine guns on your face. My pride restored and my manliness radiating, enjoy...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

who are you mad at?????

apeek said...

"It's like having machine guns on your face." Best simile for a beard. Ever!