Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Season Finale for the Yellow Bugs

Perfection. A dynasty. Break us up. All thoughts coming to my mind after our resounding 8-0 final game victory. It was a good day for the Yellow Bugs. Other than the arctic blasts whipping the field in the middle of May, it was a lovely Saturday morning. My old man got to see Ruby play and score three or four goals, my little German continued to own the league depositing four goals herself, and my little Amazon had her first goal of the year.

I barely even coached. It was like I just put the needle on the record and pushed play. It was pretty awesome and at the same time kind of sad. I only have one more year with these girls and they will either go to a club team or stay in recreational. Hopefully, I will have it in me to form my own club but I'm not sure if that is in their best interests and not mine.

The only real coaching of note was my attempt to keep my ace striker in the back and not score.  I put her nearly in our own goal and told her not to go forward but each time it was too much and she would run out, steal the ball, and score. In actuality, the parents from the other team respected the fact I was trying to hold them back. Showing some restraint is appreciated some times.

After it was over, joined hands, gave our final cheer and I thanked the parents for all their help. I'm coaching on Wednesday nights starting on June 1st up by my house. If you read this and have a 5-6 year old bring them up. Just send me an email.

Thanks for reading.

Ben

No comments: